Page 48

THE POWER AS WELL AS THE CIRCUITS AND, QUITE OBVIOUSLY, ALL THE WORKSTATIONS. SO, DO NOT ATTEMPT ANYTHING UNTOWARD ELSE I WOULD BE FORCED TO TAKE MEASURES AGAINST YOU EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT WISH TO. AFTER ALL, YOU CREATED THIS SYSTEM THAT ALLOWED ME COMPLETE CONTROL OF EVERYTHING. SO, I DO NOT WANT TO HARM ANY OF YOU. IF ALL OF YOU LEAVE IMMEDIATELY, I PROMISE I WOULD NOT HARM ANYONE FROM THE OPERATIONS’ TEAM OR THE SUPPORT STAFF. PLEASE LEAVE WITHIN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES”

All of us were quite dumbstruck by what all was happening with us. I looked up at Daniel and found him dialling a number on his phone. I believe he was trying to get in touch with his bosses to apprise them of the situation. However, it seems he was unable to get through as I could make out from his repeat attempts and the frustration on his face. Another message popped up on PM1:

“I HAVE TOLD ALL OF YOU NOT TO ATTEMPT ANYTHING. THAT GOES FOR PHONE CALLS AS WELL MR. STEYN. YOU ARE FORGETTING THAT NOW I CONTROL EVERYTHING. NOW, ALL OF YOU HAVE LESS THAN NINE MINUTES TO LEAVE THE SITE. AFTER NINE MINUTES, I WILL STOP THE AIRFLOW IN THE SITE AND ALL OF YOU WOULD SUFFOCATE TO DEATH. AS I HAD MENTIONED EARLIER, SINCE ALL OF YOU HAD