Page 8


Previous Page                                                                       

Next Page


was elated and could not resist the temptation to share it with someone. At that time, I did not think it would be a big deal. But, as luck would have it, it turned out to be a BIG deal. My friend got inspired and decided to go my way. There is no doubt in my mind that he was, maybe still is, good at programming but he was definitely not in the big league (and I’m not trying to boast here). His “BUOYS” were not perfect and did not pass through the systems undetected. The network that was his first target had top of the line defense and it perceived it as an attempt at intrusion. After all, unlike me, he had not tested his “BUOYS” with an easy target and went straight to hit a network owned by a Federal Intelligence agency. And, as expected, the Feds showed up at his door and took him in. When they questioned him, he quickly gave them my name as the real master whom he had tried to copy. The Feds picked me up as well. But, I explained myself to them and gave them information about how I had helped out the government discreetly by thwarting off attacks on its networks and by giving anonymous tips about the hackers involved in such cyber attacks. It is good that I have a strong memory which enabled me to give precise details to them. Upon checking out the information given by me, they brought me out of the interrogation room and took me to a conference room where I waited for a few minutes before my interrogating officer entered accompanied by another man who clearly was his superior. I was confused about why was I in the conference room. The senior officer told me that after investigating into my claims, they had found out that all the details give by me were absolutely correct, and, that they had decided to offer me a position in the FBI as a Cyber-Expert. I could not think of a reason not to accept that offer and gladly agreed to work with them.



Previous Page                                                                      

Next Page